And the sky is cracked
Come on up to the house
A few days before starting in on these repairs, I left some small pieces of binding strip in a shallow mason jar to dissolve within a combination of 100% acetone and tint.
One piece at a time, I added slivers of tinted binding strip back to the repair site with some CA.
Using a popsicle stick, I applied some of the binding/acetone/tint juice to fill in and smooth out the bumps and valleys.
Progressing from a rotary tool sanding drum to 200 grit sand paper to steel wool, I smoothed out the binding surfaces.
Just before touching up the color, I used a toothbrush to apply a mild abrasive.