Saturday, May 7, 2011

Where it all began

When I was younger I was hard to hold
Seem like I was always goin'
Which ever way the wind would blow
Now that travelin' spirit calls me again


Hello and welcome to This Old Guitar!

Since I first started playing music at the age of 6, the guitar has been my instrument of choice.  Sometime in high school, I started experimenting with how guitars are built.  That interest turned into modifying guitars, and the guitar body of the clock in the picture below is something I made from red luan.  That piece was a scrap from the plywood sheet I used for the very first guitar top replacement I did on a friend's guitar in the mid 1970's.


As a student at SUNY Binghamton in the early 1980's, I built a guitar from scratch as an independent study in art.  Now, many years later, I am fortunate to have the opportunity to enjoy this pursuit again.  The blog entries that follow document the guitar repair and restoration projects I have taken on.  I welcome your comments, criticisms, questions and words of encouragement.

Edgar

1 comment:

  1. This is gonna be great, Edgar. Looking forward to more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete